Make this comfy pouffe for your living room to use as a foot rest when you want to relax or even as an extra seat if you have guests. (or if like me, your cat claims it for their own, it can be a very luxurious cat bed...) Here's how you can make your own!
What you'll need:
4 side pieces of fabric 19” x 13” (1/2” seam allowance)
Top fabric 19” square
Bottom fabric 20” square
80” Lace trim
Bean bag filling
Fabric glue pen
Pins or clips
Use ½” seam allowance
Fabric featured - 'Elements' by The Bee Fabric Co. available at Dunelm
Finished size - 18.5" x 12.5" x 19.5"
1. Sew 2 of the side pieces right sides together down one side. Open and press.
2. Sew the third side piece right sides together to the second down the opposite side. Open and press.
3. Repeat until all 4 pieces are sewn into a strip.
4. Sew the 2 ends of the strip right sides together to create a circle of fabric.
5. Sew the lace trim to the right side of the top fabric facing in. Sew around the entire edge of the fabric.
6. Pin the top fabric right sides together to the top of the side pieces of fabric.
7. Cut the backing piece of fabric in half width ways. Sew back together with ½” seam allowance and press the seam open. Place the zip facing downwards over the seam, secure with a glue stick. Sew all the way around the zip.
8. From the right side, use a seam ripper to cut the stitches of the seam to reveal the zip teeth and pull.
9. Sew the backing to the base of the pouffe right sides together, make sure the zip is open.
10. Turn the pouffe right side out and fill with the bean bag filling! Fill to desired firmness.