I’ve made these adorable pyjamas and matching eye mask using the Simplicity pattern 8806. I’ve adapted the eye mask from a cat to a rabbit to suit the Miffy fabric and theme! Here’s a guide to using this pattern as well as step by step instructions with pictures to hopefully you’ll find it really easy to follow.
So once you’ve decided what it is you’re going to make, you’ll need to buy/make sure you have the right amount of fabric required. It states on the back of the packet how much fabric you’ll need depending on the size you’re making as well as any other extras you might need such as elastic etc..
1. Cutting out your pattern pieces - make sure you cut out all the pieces needed, there’s a diagram of all them all in the booklet provided (pieces given) that are numbered so you know which ones to cut out.
TIP! - Iron these roughly cut pieces to make it easier to cut them accurately.
2. Pin your pattern pieces to the fabric and cut out, be as precise as possible! Transfer markings from the pattern to your fabric too (notches, darts and dots)
3. making the trousers -
Sew the 2 leg pieces right sides together along the inside leg.
4. Sew the front and back pieces together around the gusset.
5. Place the pocket pieces over the transferred markings which were transferred on the side of the trousers and sew where indicated.
6. Place the front and back trouser pieces right sides together and sew along the sides, leaving a gap for the pocket openings.
7. Fold the top of the trousers over twice and sew, leave a gap over the back seam to thread the elastic through. Once threaded, sew up the hole.
8. To hem the bottom of the legs, fold the bottom of each leg over twice and sew. Turn right side out and there are the trousers!